Sunday, March 27, 2011

It Was Almost Convincing...

With so many colds going around, I have been giving the kids lots of vitamin C lately. Normally I just give them one or two of the chew-able tablets (which to the kids taste like candy), but recently when the sniffles went through our family they got 4 or 5 at a time.

So the other day, once we were all back to normal, I was handing out the usual vitamins, and Judith started sniffling. It was very obviously fake. I handed her one tablet and moved on to the other kids. She kept her hand out and sniffled a few more times, much louder than before. Then she even gave me the "Can't you see that I'm dying? Are you really going to deprive me of this life saving medicine?" look as I was putting the bottle away.

I'm such a mean Mama for not giving in. But some day, with the money I save in vitamins, I will be able to send her to theater school. It's important to always keep the big picture in mind, you know.

1 comment: