Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Entourage

I must preface this post by explaining that Gideon has a number of his toys, plus his Blankie and water bottle that he likes to have with him at all times. For a while he was always trying to carry everything, and of course things would drop and he would freak out. So he started using a bucket to carry everything, and I have affectionately named it his "Entourage" bucket. It may seem like a bit much to some people, but he is very particular, and prone to anxiety, so this is a way for him to maintain some security, and I am ok with that.

Last night I was up nursing Ruthie, and Gideon rolled over in bed and knocked his "Entourage" bucket on to the floor. He sat up, and was about to freak out until he noticed that I was already there. Then he looked down at his bucket and its spilled contents, and I could see the little wheels in his head spinning. Then he quietly got out of bed, and curled up on the floor beside his spilled bucket. I guess that seemed like a better solution to him than trying to pick it all up and get back into bed!

It was so cute and sad at the same time. Of course I helped him back into bed once I was done with Ruthie.

No comments:

Post a Comment